Sometimes we believe making healthy choices is more difficult than it really is. Simple is the key. If it becomes too complicated, most people become confused and frustrated, and then give up.
Several months ago I conducted a poll asking readers their biggest challenge to eating healthy. The number one answer was “I don’t know what to do.” The number two answer was “I’m not motivated.”
I hope to clear up the “not knowing what to do” here at Live Healthy. As far as motivation is concerned, this can only come from the individual. Others can encourage, but the individual must make the choice.
When is comes to health, simple is better. Simple rules can reap big rewards.
Here are 10 simple, healthy choices you can make each day.
- Remove the unhealthy junk food from your house and stock up on healthy foods including healthy snacks.
- Eat real food, not too much, and mostly plants. Include lots of vegetables.
- Eat natural whole food, food with one ingredient. If there is more than one ingredient, the fewer the better. Simple foods are better, easier, and generally healthier. The less processed foods the better.
- Drink lots of water.
- Do not eat three hours before you go to bed for better sleep.
- Don’t drink your calories.
- When you are hungry, eat. Stop when you are full. But eat healthy foods and snacks.
- Walk or exercise at least a little each day.
- Use a small plate, 10 inches or less in diameter.
- Stay away from a computer screen at least two hours before you go to bed. If you use your cell phone in the evening, be sure to set the night shift mode on your screen so it does not interfere with your sleep cycle.
Even if you start with just a few of these healthy choices, it will make a difference.
It helps to stay connected with others who are like-minded when it comes to health. Subscribe to LIve Healthy and other health related newsletters and blogs to keep health information on top of mind.